Snoring Mouth Guard
Can you imagine the day when you are not snoring?
What would it be like to sleep soundly?
Do you miss waking up in the morning feeling fresh?
Reasons to Choose Us
BDS, MBBS, MMED
In Sydney CBD
clients think of us.
Advanced Technology with Compassionate Service.
02 9264 9120
What is a Snoring Mouth Guard (Mandibular Advancement Splint)?
A Snoring Mouth Guard (Mandibular Advancement Splint) is a device that is worn in the mouth to bring the lower jaw forward.
This brings the tongue forward to allow to keep your airway open when you are sleeping at night.
Why do I need to wear a snoring mouth guard (mandibular advancement splint)?
If you are suffering from snoring or sleep apnoea, your tongue falls back and blocks your airway when you are in deep sleep.
This is what causes your snoring or apnoea.
By wearing a mandibular advancement splint you can keep your tongue from falling back and therefore keep your airway open.
Are there any other options apart from CPAP to treat my sleep apnoea?
Lifestyle changes: Lifestyle changes may include such things as
- Avoiding alcohol and any sedating medications
- Avoiding sleeping on your back
- Losing weight
- Adding an extra pillow
- Using a nasal spray such as Fess to clear the nasal passages
- Surgery may include removal of tonsils and adenoids, nasal surgery (to remove nasal polyps, reduce the turbinates that may have enlarged, deviated septum), UPPP, Laser assisted uvuloplasty, radiofrequency ablation.
- An ENT surgeon in our team will discuss what is the most appropriate for you.
What are the risks of not treating my sleep apnoea?
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Depression & anxiety
for more detailed information.
We are ready to assist you.